A Warning To The Ignorant

A Warning To The Ignorant

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Black Man Was Seen By A Security Guard Rambling Through The Trunk Of A Car And Was Not Accosted




A Black Man Was Seen By A Security Guard Rambling Through The Trunk Of A Car And Was Not Accosted!!

(Note: That is not a picture of my car. By the time my stupid camera phone had focused - the "rent a cop" had turned the corner in his car, yellow lights blazing on top - as if that is going to scare somebody. Anyway - back to the bit.......)


How could this happen?

Last Wednesday as I exited the office of the big, evil capitalistic corporation that I work for I had the trunk of my car opened. I was putting my laptop bag and other items that I was carrying out of my office into my trunk.

Now keep in mind (true story) about 2 months ago we had a problem with pirates who came into the garage mid-day and broke people's windows, stealing their GPS, cellphones or any other valuables that were left out in the open. I won't venture to assume a profile upon these robbers. I doubt that they were Chinese males, breaking into cars, seeking to repossess the electronic goods they had made some time earlier.

Thus I was struck!!

Here I am a big Black guy, rustling around in an open trunk in a garage that had been hit several times recently - and I did not get STOPPED by security!!!

What is going on?

Don't these people watch the news?

I am a threat to society.


As much as I am on the lookout for "Racial Profiling" since I hear about it so much as a threat to me - as hard as I try to be profiled - it never seems to happen.

Maybe I should have had my pants hanging off of my azz?

No comments: