A Warning To The Ignorant

A Warning To The Ignorant

Monday, September 1, 2008

Announcing The "Hill Harper - I Volunteer To Pay My Fair Share Of Taxes Without The Government Making Me Do It First" Designation


Announcing The "Hill Harper - I Volunteer To Pay My Fair Share Of Taxes Without The Government Making Me Do It First" Designation with the IRS.

I like Hill Harper.
I think that he is a fine actor.
He appears to be a conscious brother.
He is also making waves in the activist community with his positions on certain issues. You have every right to express your opinion brother.

I figure myself to be a "conscious brother" as well but at times some things don't sit well with me.

I have a right to ANALYZE the opinions that are thrown out, fit them into the current set of challenges that are faced, do a logic check and then make my views be known as well.

No doubt Mr. Harper is a "progressive". He sees the salvation of certain people and their problems via broader government.

I am forced, yet again, to reference what I heard (and agreed with) from the great poet Ms. Maya Angelou in her view of CORPORATE CHARITY. As I sat in the large auditorium for her 80th birthday party (sponsored by UPS, Delta Air Lines, and Coca Cola) she said the following:

Many corporations believe that they are performing "CHARITY" when they provide money to charitable causes but in truth are only doing it for the tax write off. This is not "charity". "Charity" is when you have extra and you give to others who are in need without you anticipating anything in return for your efforts.


Again this is an agreeable statement from Ms. Angelou - who has left-winged sentiments.

HOWEVER - what we will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER hear from Ms. Angelou nor Hill Harper is the corollary statement to the one above:

Many Progressives believe that they are performing "charity" when they seek to increase taxes on those "who have" so that the government can receive funds and redistribute it to those who are "IN NEED". This is NOT CHARITY. The "donor" of these funds has no choice in the matter. He does so lest he receive a lien upon his property or face jail time for failing to do so. When you must apply such FORCE upon the "donor" in pursuit of your own version of "Social Justice" and charity....this also violates the principles as set forth in the mirror image that was described on the left.




Mr Harper said: "my taxes are going to increase and I'm okay with that because I should be paying my fair share".

Excuse me Mr Harper........if you are NOT NOW - "paying your fair share" and you are acknowledging it .....what is stopping you from doing so?

I bet you have a tax accountant or use Turbo Tax to maximize the deductions that you qualify for. Now that you have been tagged with the "Hill Harper - I Volunteer To Pay My Fair Share Of Taxes Without The Government Making Me Do It First" check mark on your tax return - you are now free to GIVE ALL OF THE MONEY YOU WANT through the government channel so that all of your charitable interests can be met.

No comments: